To choose the right SEO keywords for your Chicago business, you need to consider three main factors:
- Search volume: How many people are searching for a particular keyword each month?
- Keyword competition: How difficult is it to rank for a particular keyword?
- Keyword relevance: How relevant is a particular keyword to your business and your target audience?
Narrow Down To Relevant Chicago, IL Keywords
Once you have a list of potential keywords, you need to narrow it down to the ones that are most relevant to your business. You should also consider long-tail keywords (keywords with 3 or more words), which are more specific and less competitive than short-tail keywords.
For example, instead of targeting the keyword “Chicago real estate,” you could target the keyword “Chicago real estate agent for first-time homebuyers.”
Longer Searches Are More Specific To Your Niche
While that longer search term might not show much (or any) keywords search volume in the keyword tools, it is a search that actual people might type or speak into Google. If that fits your niche in the real estate industry, then that is a searcher you want to attract to your website.
Here are some tips for choosing the right SEO keywords for your Chicago business:
- Start with broad keywords and then narrow them down. This will help you identify a mix of keywords with high search volume and low competition.
- Use long-tail keywords. As mentioned above, long-tail keywords are more specific and less competitive than short-tail keywords, so they’re easier to rank for.
- Consider your target audience. What keywords are your target customers likely to use when searching for your business?
- Think about the intent behind the keyword. What is the searcher trying to do when they search for a particular keyword? For example, if someone searches for “Chicago real estate agent for first-time homebuyers,” they’re likely looking to buy a home for the first time and need an agent who can help them through the process.
- Use a variety of keywords. This is important. Don’t just focus on one or two keywords. Instead, use a variety of keywords throughout your website and content.
Once you have chosen your keywords, you need to use them strategically and naturally throughout your website and content. This includes using them in your page titles, meta descriptions, header tags, and throughout your body text. You should also create high-quality content that is relevant to your keywords and target audience like our Chicago SEO consulting page or Illinois SEO services page.
Pick Your Chicago Business Keywords
By following these tips, you can choose the right SEO keywords for your Chicago business and improve your chances of ranking higher in search engine results pages (SERPs).